UPDATED: Check out my more recent post about a NEW brick-based Bible here!
Are you wondering if you should go ahead and buy The Brick Bible (aka the Lego Bible, although technically it is NOT associated with the Lego Trademark)?
I have gone through over 150 Amazon.com* reviews to give you a “rounded” idea of the controversy surrounding this Bible, the positive reviews, and the legitimate complaints.
- If you don’t read anything else understand the main takeaway from reviewers is that this Bible wasn’t NOT intended for Young children.
- People who reviewed The Brick Bible said:
- It introduces tough subjects for engaging conversations
- Gets Kids Interested in Bible
- They will Keep For later, but NOT For a child’s first understanding of the Bible
- Great art, most stories accurate, but missing the heart of Jesus
- Author is atheist
- The brick bible is a Trojan Horse
- There is too much SEX and GRAPHIC IMAGES
- God is always pictured as having an Angry Face
- MY TAKEAWAY:
- Other Options are:
- Good & Evil
- The Action Bible
If you don’t read anything else understand the main takeaway from reviewers is that this Bible wasn’t NOT intended for Young children.
Two of my daughters got baptized recently and I wanted to buy them a gift. I was super excited to see “The Brick Bible” at my local Barnes & Nobles. My seven year old LOVES to read comics. And unlike my usually cheap-o self, I didn’t wait to buy The Brick Bible on Amazon.com. If I had, I may not have because the reviews are completely polarized. People either love it or hate it.
Reading reviews can be overwhelming. Because I’m a Christian (if you didn’t get that by the name of my blog already), I’ve taken out the ones that have an obvious atheistic bias, as well as the ones that “love” the Bible but obviously didn’t really look into the content.
Below, I’ve included snapshots of actual photos of the Bible under the complaints/praise.
If you want to see children’s books with ACTUAL scriptures in a more positive light, click here.
I readily admit a bias toward my faith. You might like to know that:
- I believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God. There is no companion or substitute.
- I believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, three days later he rose again and will come back.
- I believe in the Trinity.
- I believe that Jesus is Lord and the ONLY way to heaven.
- I believe in repentance and the free gift of salvation.
People who reviewed The Brick Bible said:
It introduces tough subjects for engaging conversations
Gets Kids Interested in Bible
They will Keep For later, but NOT For a child’s first understanding of the Bible
Great art, most stories accurate, but missing the heart of Jesus
Author is atheist
This is probably one of the biggest issues (aside from some Biblical inaccuracy) that most negative reviews have.
Aside from his (lack of) faith, he DID spend 10 years on this Bible. He is extremely talented and committed to his work. I suggest you watch his promo video below because he’s still an amazing human being that God loves. We should pray for his salvation. (See website here: TheBrickBible.com)
The brick bible is a Trojan Horse
There is too much SEX and GRAPHIC IMAGES
God is always pictured as having an Angry Face
We all have different ways we like to parent. Whether you get this Bible or not, I think the biggest takeaway is that we always need to be looking at what our kids are reading. Kids need our guidance and involvement in their lives.
Other Options are:
Good & Evil
We own this comic book style Bible. Click image below to view on Amazon.com (affiliate link):
The Action Bible
We don’t own this comic book style Bible. Click image below to view on Amazon.com (affiliate link):
Update: Someone suggested this “Brick” DVD she found at a homeschooling conference that is produced by a family. (Click image to go to their website)
Head covering Christian woman who loves good wine, coffee, stinky cheese and missionary books. My favorite dessert is Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake. I am a Christian author, blogger, and speaker. I fell in love with my husband because he had rain drops on his glasses (true story). In my spare time I homeschool my six children (5 girls, 2 boys).