Latest posts by Elaine Mingus (see all)
- The Male Friendship Test for Married Women – April 22, 2017
- 8 Bad Habits That Will Weaken Your Christian Faith – April 19, 2017
- 30+ Top Places to Buy Modest Swimwear – April 13, 2017
I just had my sixth baby and totally craving TONS of food…both healthy and not so healthy foods.
I am gonna work harder on my post baby body this time since I kinda slacked off after the last one.
With some research I found that a great breastfeeding and craving-squelching food is oatmeal.
I have been making oatmeal non-stop…until I found a recipe on Pinterest for No-Bake Energy Bites. I made them and found them too peanut buttery. And since I’m not a honey fan, I also substituted an alternate sweetener.
Lo and behold, across the counter I see my jar of Nutella…beckoning me.
In order to stay on the lower-sugar end of the spectrum, I eliminated the chocolate chips AND the honey from the original recipe (found here). I figured adding the Nutella into the mix after taking out the additional sugars from the original kinda of evened things out.
I liked the outcome a whole lot better.
They are so easy, you can make them in less than 10 minutes and probably eat them in less than five minutes if you aren’t careful!
Scroll down to see recipe in its entirety.
The base recipe consists of 3 ingredients:
- Peanut Butter
But you can add some additional ingredients like:
- Coconut Flakes (I used sweetened because it is what was in the house, but would probably have used the regular unsweetened coconut flakes if I had them laying around)
- Flaxseed (good for breastfeeding…didn’t have this on hand)
- Chia Seed (which I had on hand and is healthy)
- Cinnamon (which helps regulate blood sugar)
NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER NUTELLA ENERGY BITES:
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1/4 Cup Nutella
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Flakes
Directions for No-Bake Peanut Butter Nutella Energy Bites:
- Mix above ingredients
- Roll in bite-sized balls
- If your dough is sticky, put it in the fridge for 10-20 minutes and then roll the No-Bake Nutella Energy Bites
You can totally play with the recipe. The more dry ingredients you add, you’ll have to balance it out with PB or Nutella.
These are totally delish and satisfying! Not sayin’ they are completely “healthy”, but it’s gotta be better than eating cheesecake for breakfast like I talk about in my book “Thriving the First Days of Becoming Mommy” available on Amazon.com for $1.99.
This blog uses affiliate links and referral links.