This is a guest post by my amazing girl, Lindsey De Leo.
As a mom, I know (most of the time) exactly what my daughter wants. But what about when you have a step-daughter that only spends part of the year with you?
We want to buy something she likes and makes her feel like the young lady she is becoming!
Here are some Gift Ideas for Stepdaughters
Here are some Christmas gift ideas for stepdaughters that show you’re paying attention and that you’re cool. These gifts ideas can be used anytime, not just at Christmas.
- Infinity Scarf. Check out this splash of color to brighten up Christmas time!.
- Jewelry. Visit the color-coordinated stores of Charming Charlie for a piece in her favorite color! Mixed metals are fashionable, as are layering necklaces.
- Basic Makeup. Try the starter bareMinerals Up Close & Beautiful. This is a great set for those just starting with makeup or the experienced makeup artist. This is the makeup I use and, coincidentally, what I bought my stepdaughter for her 13th birthday!
- Makeup Caboodle. Yes, they still have them!
- Shoes with kitten heels. We LOVE these holiday-friendly sparkly pink ones.
- Babysitter Club Books. For the tween, here is an oldie with a new look! Available in paperback or Kindle/Nook Edition around $5. These were my fave as a kid! Maybe you could even read them together?
- Nail Polish. Sinful Colors has a great variety of colors. These work as great stocking stuffers. Find them at your local Walgreens, Riteaid, Walmart, or Target.
- Purse or Wristlet. Cross Body Purse are currently in fashion. What about this this cute coral studded purse.
- Journal. For the deep-thinking writer or artist. Simple or Ornate.
- Gift cards – Whether to their favorite clothing store or app/music purchasing store…you can never go wrong! For Clothes: H&M, Forever21, or Target are always great choices! For Apps/Music: GooglePlay gift card or iTunes gift card
- Skinny jeans. Starting at $19.99
- Aviator Sunglasses. $13.56. These are classic and ALWAYS in style.
Lindsey De Leo is a lover of all things Jesus, Jay De Leo, her 4 kids and running. She is the founder of ElleSera, a non-profit in Austin, Texas dedicated to helping Single Mothers fill the gap left by government assistance so that they can pursue their dreams and find hope. She also likes fashion…maybe a little too much.